Please complete the registration form below to be considered as a volunteer for this event.
You will receive a confirmation email if you are assigned as a volunteer.
Please enter your information into the fields below.
Required fields are marked with *.
Alternate Job Preferences
I know that running or walking a road race is a hazardous activity. I know that I should not enter the Lagomarcino Cocoa Beano 5K unless I am medically able and properly trained. All risks associated with running or walking in the Lagomarcino Cocoa Beano 5K including but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, effects of weather, traffic or running surface conditions are known and appreciated. I agree to abide by any decision or direction of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the race.
Having read this waiver document, knowing the facts and risks and in consideration of your accepting my application and non-refundable entry fee, I for myself and anyone entitled to act in my behalf waive and release Lagomarcino's, the City of Davenport & City of Bettendorf, Paobu Sports and all sponsors, supporters, officials and volunteers associated the Lagomarcino Cocoa Beano 5K and their representatives and successors from any and all rights, claims, demands and actions of any and every nature whatsoever that I may have, for any and all loses, damage or injuries sustained by me before and after the Lagomarcino Cocoa Beano 5K including travel to and from that race.
I understand that registrations are final. There are no refunds or transfers.
PARTICIPANT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Specific Event Waiver Form for MINORS (Under Age 18)
For and in consideration of USA Track & Field, Inc. ("USA Track & Field") allowing the minor identified below to participate in the USATF sanctioned event described above (the "Event" or "Events"); I, for myself, and on behalf of Minor, and the Minor's parents/legal guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the "Agreement");
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am the parent or legal guardian of the Minor; (ii) the Minor is in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (iii) the Minor is not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair the Minor's ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether the Minor is sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event, that I am responsible for the Minor's safety and well being at all times and under all circumstances while at the Event site.
2. I understand and acknowledge the risks and dangers associated with the Minor's participation in track & field, road running, race walking, cross country, mountain, ultra, and trail running Events is inherently dangerous and will represent an extreme test of the Minor's physical and mental limits. I understand that the Minor's participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course or track conditions; land, water and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizer; and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers ("Risks"). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by the Minor's own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties defined below, and on behalf of the Minor, I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which may be incurred as a result of the Minor's participation in any Event.
3. I understand that the Minor is required to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competitive Rules adopted by USA Track & Field and any safety regulations established for the benefit of all participants. I accept sole responsibility for the conduct and actions of the Minor while he or she is participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of the Minor's equipment.
4. On behalf of the Minor, I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: USA Track & Field, Inc., its members, member clubs, associations, sport disciplines and divisions; United States Olympic Committee (USOC); the Event Directors, Organizers and Promoters, Sponsors, Advertisers, Coaches and Officials; the Host Organization and the Facility, Venue and Property Owners or Operators upon which the Event takes place; Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event; and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the "Released Parties" or "Event Organizers"), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind or nature ("Liability") which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to the Minor's participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor's behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I hereby warrant that I am of legal age and authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of the Minor, that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the Minor, the Minor's parents/legal guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please Sign Below
Your electronic signature is the online equivalent of your ink-on-paper signature,
and can be provided by typing your name where indicated.
The electronic signature will signify your understanding, acceptance, and authorization
to accept the conditions of this legal document, including the following statements:
- I have read, have understood, and do accept the agreement above.
- I understand that this is a legal document with effects that I approve and authorize.
- The registrant is the person(s) whose name is submitted as the recipient of the goods and services provided as a result of this transaction.
- I am authorized to agree to the terms of this document on behalf of the registrant.
- If the registrant is under 18 years of age, incapacitated, or mentally challenged, I assert that I am the parent/legal guardian or otherwise authorized to execute a legally binding agreement on behalf of the registrant.
You are encouraged to keep a copy of this agreement for your records.
This agreement was generated at 8:48:48 PM EDT on 7/15/2018.
Click here to print the agreement.